Currently Enrolling Studies
We want to better understand how nutrition and physical activity change the health of mothers and children and for that we are inviting volunteers from Central Arkansas to participate in clinical research studies. The research studies evaluate the impact of nutrition, exercise, and other lifestyle behaviors in pregnant women, children, and infants.
Our pregnancy research studies are designed to look at how the health and lifestyle of a mother may influence the health of her child. To thank participants for their time, monetary and/or diaper compensation may be provided.
- Expecting – The Expecting study is a long-term nutrition research study designed to determine how the health and physical activity of a mother during pregnancy could affect the growth and development of her child. This study is for moms who are currently less than 12-weeks pregnant and have a BMI over 30.
- Glowing 2 – New study observing growth and development of mom and baby at Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center. You must be 36 weeks pregnant or less and 18 years of age or older. To thank you we will provide 1 ½ year supply of diapers during the 2 year study.
- Sweet Pea – The Sweet Pea Study is a nutrition research study designed to look at how the health of a mother can influence her child’s brain development. Monetary compensation and a 6 month supply of diapers is provided for participation.
- Placenta Development – The Placenta Development study is for moms that are less than 36 weeks pregnant, and plan to deliver around Little Rock via C-section. Monetary compensation may be provided.
Studies for Children
Our studies for children examine how nutrition and physical activity impact growth, development, and brain function.
- Happy Tummies – The Happy Tummies Study is a nutrition research study for 3-month old infants exclusively fed breastmilk, Similac Advance, or Similac Soy Isomil formula. To thank you for your participation, a 3 month supply of diapers will be provided.
- Brain Fuel – Is your child 9- 10 years old, right-handed and over 80 lbs.? Then he/she might be eligible for Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center’s Brain Fuel study. Monetary compensation provided for your time.
- Beginnings Follow-Up – Previous Beginnings study participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center for a follow-up study. These study participants, who were previously monitored until age 6, will be asked to return to the Center and ACH at age 14 for one visit, which may be broken down into several days depending on their schedule.
- Glowing and Expecting Follow-Up – Former Glowing and Expecting participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center to participate in a follow-up study for ages 5, 8, 11, and 14. Monetary compensation proved to thank you for your time.
All research studies require potential participants to be screened over the phone. If you are interested in a study and would like to find out if you are eligible, give us a call at (501) 364-3309.
Sign up here to receive our quarterly newsletter and we will contact you if you or your child may qualify for a study.