Currently Enrolling Studies
We want to better understand how nutrition and physical activity change the health of mothers and children and for that we are inviting volunteers from Central Arkansas to participate in clinical research studies. The research studies evaluate the impact of nutrition, exercise, and other lifestyle behaviors in pregnant women, children, and infants.
Our pregnancy research studies are designed to look at how the health and lifestyle of a mother may influence the health of her child. To thank participants for their time, monetary and/or diaper compensation may be provided.
- Expecting – The Expecting study is a long-term nutrition research study designed to determine how the health and physical activity of a mother during pregnancy could affect the growth and development of her child. This study is for moms who are currently less than 12-weeks pregnant and have a BMI over 30.
- Glowing 2 – New study observing growth and development of mom and baby at Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center. You must be 36 weeks pregnant or less and 18 years of age or older. To thank you we will provide 1 ½ year supply of diapers during the 2 year study.
- Prenatal Probiotics – Have you ever wondered if taking probiotics during pregnancy could improve your health? Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center is actively seeking volunteers to participant in a research study evaluating gut health. If you are less than 12 weeks pregnant, 18 years of age or older & have a BMI of 30 or more then you may qualify. Monetary compensation and a 2 month supply a diapers will be provided for participation.
- Sweet Pea – The Sweet Pea Study is a nutrition research study designed to look at how the health of a mother can influence her child’s brain development. Monetary compensation and a 6 month supply of diapers is provided for participation.
- Brain Matters – If you are less than 36 weeks pregnant with your second baby and plan to deliver at UAMS, you may be eligible to participate in a new study with the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center. This three-visit study will provide diapers and monetary compensation to thank you for your time.
Studies for Children
Our studies for children examine how nutrition and physical activity impact growth, development, and brain function.
- Happy Tummies – The Happy Tummies Study is a nutrition research study for 3-month old infants exclusively fed breastmilk, Similac Advance, or Similac Soy Isomil formula. To thank you for your participation, a 3 month supply of diapers will be provided.
- Arkansas Active Kids – Arkansas Active Kids is a new study to see how physical activity affects children’s health. If your child is ages 7-10, contact us to see if they qualify to participate. Monetary compensation will be provided for your time.
- Brain Fuel – Is your child 9- 10 years old, right-handed and over 80 lbs.? Then he/she might be eligible for Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center’s Brain Fuel study. Monetary compensation provided for your time.
- Beginnings Follow-Up – Previous Beginnings study participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center for a follow-up study. These study participants, who were previously monitored until age 6, will be asked to return to the Center and ACH at age 14 for one visit, which may be broken down into several days depending on their schedule.
- Glowing and Expecting Follow-Up – Former Glowing and Expecting participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center to participate in a follow-up study for ages 5, 8, 11, and 14. Monetary compensation proved to thank you for your time.
All research studies require potential participants to be screened over the phone. If you are interested in a study and would like to find out if you are eligible, give us a call at (501) 364-3309.
Sign up here to receive our quarterly newsletter and we will contact you if you or your child may qualify for a study.