Currently Enrolling Studies
We want to better understand how nutrition and physical activity change the health of mothers and children and for that we are inviting volunteers from Central Arkansas to participate in clinical research studies. The research studies evaluate the impact of nutrition, exercise, and other lifestyle behaviors in pregnant women, children, and infants.
Our pregnancy research studies are designed to look at how the health and lifestyle of a mother may influence the health of her child. To thank participants for their time, monetary and/or diaper compensation may be provided.
- Expecting – The Expecting study is a long-term nutrition research study designed to determine how the health and physical activity of a mother during pregnancy could affect the growth and development of her child. This study is for moms who are currently less than 12-weeks pregnant and have a BMI over 30.
- Moon – The Moon Study is a nutrition research study designed to look at how the health of a mother can influence her child’s brain development. This study is for moms who are currently less than 12-weeks pregnant and have a BMI of either 18.5-25 or greater than 30.
Studies for Children
Our studies for children examine how nutrition and physical activity impact growth, development, and brain function.
- Happy Tummies – The Happy Tummies Study is a nutrition research study designed to look at the gut health and immune systems of infants that are fed exclusively either breast-milk or Similac Advance formula.
- Brain Fuel – Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center is studying how nutrition and body composition affects learning and retention. The Brain Fuel study is for right handed 9-10 year olds. Monetary compensation provided.
- Beginnings Follow-Up – Previous Beginnings study participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center for a follow-up study. These study participants, who were previously monitored until age 6, will be asked to return to the Center and ACH at age 14 for one visit, which may be broken down into several days depending on their schedule.
- Glowing and Expecting Follow-Up – Former Glowing and Expecting participants are invited back to the Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center to participate in a follow-up study for ages 5, 8, 11, and 14. Monetary compensation provided to thank you for your time.
All research studies require potential participants to be screened over the phone. If you are interested in a study and would like to find out if you are eligible, give us a call at (501) 364-3309.
Sign up here to receive our quarterly newsletter and we will contact you if you or your child may qualify for a study.