The Placenta Development Study
The Placenta Development Study is a research study designed to look at how the placenta develops in pregnancy.
This study is for moms who:
- Are less than 36 weeks pregnant
- Are planning a C-section delivery around the Little Rock area
- Have a BMI 18-60
- Are healthy
- Are 18 years of age or older
If you decide to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete one prenatal visit at about 36 weeks at which we will evaluate medical history and measure your height and weight. This visit will take about 1 hour and compensation is a $25 check.
Participants will be given a placenta collection kit to give to their delivery nurse when they arrive at the hospital. Once the placenta has been collected, an additional $50 check will be mailed to the participant.
To learn more or find out if you are eligible,
- Give us a call at (501)-364-3309 or (866)-423-1311 or
- Send us an email us at ACNCstudies@archildrens.org with your name and a good phone number to reach you.
Placenta Development is a research study conducted by Kartik Shankar, Ph.D. which has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Arkansas for the Medical Sciences.