The Community Expecting study is a translational research study designed to adapt a clinical exercise program for expecting women into community settings. This study is for moms who are currently less than 15-weeks pregnant and have a BMI over 30.
If you decide to participate in this study, you will:
- Receive standard care from your OB/GYN clinic
- Exercise 3 days per week during pregnancy online to test the beta version of our Community Expecting app
- Submit 3 health assessment forms from you OB/GYN
You will receive monetary compensation for attending exercise sessions and for submitting the health assessment forms.
All research studies require potential participants to be screened. This is simple and conducted over the phone in about 5-10 minutes to learn more about your health and any other pertinent information that relates to the study. If you are interested or woucld like to find out if you are eligible, you can give us a call at (501)364-3309 or 866-423-1311.
If you are interested or would like to find out if you are eligible, you can:
- Call us at (501)-364-3309 or (866)-423-1311 or
- Send us an email us at ACNCstudies@archildrens.org with your name and a good phone number to reach you.
Thank you for your interest in our COMMUNITY EXPECTING Study.
COMMUNITY EXPECTING is a research study conducted by Taren Swindle, Ph.D., which has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Arkansas for the Medical Sciences.